Monday, February 15, 2010

Kedi - Movie Review


Number 13: It is ominous even if it does not fall on a Friday. Yes, it was proved once again when I saw Kedi, the Telugu movie in which Akkineni Nagarjuna and Mamata Mohandas were the main cast.

Unless you are pretty dumb, after reading the above line, you do not expect me to tell you how the movie was. Well to substantiate my conclusion ... 

In the recent times I watched movies like 3 Idiots & My Name is Khan. Actors Aamir and Shahrukh have waited for long time to find such wonderful scripts; also SRK took time to learn how a person with asperger's disability would be, so that he can perform in a perfect manner. Look at Taare Zameen Per how well the movie was taken. The most important thing of all these movies was there is a message for the audience, which was well depicted.

Nagarjuna, however after these many years of acting and at such an age does not have even a percent maturity to find some story which at least has a story line if not a message. In any number of ways you abuse Nagarjuna for his immaturity, I am sure it would fall short in insulting him.

Its time Andhra Pradesh citizens show a minimum class of dignity and maturity when it comes to what they watch. And those in Tollywood show enough maturity to produce decent movies.

There is no film in Tollywood which can even run for a week without Shri. Padmashri Bhramanandam in it. This movie too is no exception. 

My rating: 1/5
My verbal rating: If you find Nagarjuna, say this, "Get well soon".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every opinion counts ...