Thursday, October 15, 2009

Surrogates



All right lets talk about a simple concept, Yahoo avatars. Click on the last two words if you want to know what it is. Now that you know ... any user with an account on yahoo or any other such site, can create his own avatar. The avatar might completely look different from what the user might be. And with this avatar I publish my own views or do whatever I want to in the world of web.

Similarly if you could create a robo-avatar for yourself and send it into the outside world, where you are still the mind for it, then it would be called as a suggorgate.



So this movie fictiously says that there shall be a time where everyone is home and its their avatars that go outside. Men are dreaded in their beds controlling their surrogates. Leaving this concept the remaining story is almost like the story of iRobot.

The movie lacks every element of a movie viz like action, comedy, drama etc. It was a complete of waste of time for me. So my suggestion readers, please stay away from this movie.

My rating: 1/5
My verbal rating: Please miss it; You can watch it on HBO sometime 
(HBO advantage: You can change the channel if you don't like )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every opinion counts ...